Each year Rappahannock Electric Cooperative offers the REC Community Scholarship program to students who are seeking to advance their career goals by attending a college or a career and technical school. To apply for each scholarship, the applicant's parent or guardian must be a consumer-owner of REC and the applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited educational or training institution.
- High School Scholarship – for current seniors in high school planning to attend a college or university.
- College Scholarship – for students currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Career & Technical School Scholarship – for students currently seniors in high school planning to attend a career and technical school or students currently enrolled in a career and technical school.
Scholarship applicant’s parents or guardians must be a member owner of REC and the appropriate scholarship application must be completed by the deadline for the student to be eligible.
The application for the 2024 REC Community Scholarship is now open. The deadline is Friday, Feb. 9, 2024.
Recipients for each scholarship will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and extracurricular activities.
Housing Scholarships Available for Lineworker Training School
REC is proud to offer two scholarships to REC Members enrolled in the Power Line Worker Program with Southside Community College.
Each Scholarship is valued at up to $1,250 and is intended to cover lodging for the 77-day duration of the program.
For more information or to apply, contact Suzanne Shook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-292-3101.
* Applicants must reside within REC's service territory.*
Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives (VMDAEC) Education Scholarship Foundation
High school students eligible to apply for the REC Community Scholarship are also eligible to apply for the Virginia, Maryland, Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives Education Foundation Scholarship.
- Scholarship amounts are determined annually and are awarded to students throughout VMDAEC’s service areas, including REC
- Scholarship winners will be selected based upon their scholastic achievements, community involvement, recommendations and written personal statement
- To complete the application, go to www.vmdaec.com/content/vmdaec-education-scholarship-foundation
- If assistance is needed with the VMDAEC application process, contact Sam Brumberg, VMDAEC scholarship coordinator, at email@example.com