REC's territory is primed for economic growth.
We’ll work with you through each step of your project from site selection, infrastructure design, and connections to local economic developers, and community partners to get started on the right foot.
Rappahannock Electric Cooperative is a non-profit, member-owned utility that provides electric service to nearly 170,000 connections with 17,000+ miles of transmission lines. Here you aren’t a customer, you’re a member. Find out what a difference that makes.
Showing compassion and concern for our members and the communities we serve.
Being honest, responsible and ethical in all that we do, making sure our actions always match our words.
Honoring each person as an individual, and recognizing our responsibility to be mindful of the impact our actions will have today—and tomorrow.
Providing reliable electricity and quality products.
Crisscrossed by interstates, railroads, ports, airports, and fiber networks, your business is well poised for success.
- AAA bond-rating, maintained since 1938
- Right-to-work state
- Corporate income tax rate of 6%, unchanged since 1972
Nestled between Washington D.C. to the north and Richmond to the south, the region features a capable, educated workforce. With a robust workforce development system and strong educational institutions with 200K+ active students in the REC footprint, you’ll find the talent you need.
REC rates are composed of two elements: facility and distribution charges.
Businesses We Serve
This popular amusement park in Doswell attracts residents from up and down the East Coast.
- On May 3, 1975, after less than two years of construction, Kings Dominion opened its gates to the public. It didn't take long for King Dominion to be recognized as the perfect family destination location in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- With more than 60 rides, shows and attractions, there's something for everyone! New in 2017 - Planet snoopy is growing with three new family rides, food and beverage amenities and more! You can soak up the sun at the newly expanded all-inclusive, 20-acre water park, Soak City!
This growing business, a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, is located in REC's Culpeper County service territory.
- Equinix, Inc. is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications.
- Equinix, Inc. plans to expand from three to five facilities served by REC.
- Area is zoned for technology and has an existing substation, which can be built out for substantial facilities with high usage per square foot such as data centers or call centers.
Throughout the year, race fans from throughout Virginia flock to this state-of-the art Spotsylvania County track, which also hosts concerts and special events.
- In 2016 the 160-acre motor sports and entertainment complex opened along Interstate 95 in Spotsylvania County.
- The venue includes a 4/10-mile oval racetrack, a 1/8-mile drag strip, a 2-mile road course, a go-kart course, music hall and more.
- Each year 2 NASCAR events are hosted at this location.
Anchored by a Target, Lowe's and and many other retailers, this shopping destination serves residents in the Winchester area.
- Shopping center in Frederick County includes a variety of big-box retailers and smaller stores, as well as restaurants.
- Also includes salons and a financial institution.
This major transportation hub is located within one mile of I-66 and five miles from I-81 in REC's Blue Ridge service territory.
- Cargo travels by rail from the other three-state owned terminals to Virginia Inland Port bringing the Port of Virginia 220 miles closer to the U.S. market and 75 international shipping lines.
- Located within one mile of I-66 and five miles from I-81.
- Virginia Inland Port is a U.S. customs designed port of entry.
This hospital, which is part of the HCA chain of medical centers, serves the fast-growing Spotsylvania and surrounding counties.
Spotylvania Regional Medical Center is an HCA affiliate hospital that opened in 2010. Since that time REC has provided electric service the keep the hospital operating. This location was chosen because:
- Spotsylvania is projected to be the second-fastest growing county in Virginia in the next decade.
- Over the next 10 years, the entire region is expected to have a growth rate of 50 percent, eventually reaching a population of 450,000. The population is also aging rapidly, which will drive up the demand for healthcare services.
- The hospital is located on a 75-acre campus immediately off I-95 and the Spotsylvania Parkway, easily reachable by car from Routes 1, 2, 3, 17 and 301.
This event space serves as home of the State Fair of Virginia as well as dozens of other major events throughout the year.
- The Meadow Event Park in Caroline County, Va., is rich in history and an adaptable event space. Located just minutes from Richmond and Fredericksburg, an easy drive from Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach and a straight shot from the D.C. area, the Meadow Event Park attracts guests from throughout the commonwealth.
- Meadow Event Park is home to the Virginia State Fair, which occurs each year in September.
- Throughout the year additional events take place at Meadow Event Park including the Illuminate Light Show, Gaff-n-Go Lineman's Rodeo, and many more.