Supply chain issues are a real problem for REC and it goes beyond mere inconvenience. As the situation continues to evolve, soaring prices, scarcity of supplies and significant delays in delivery and availability of key materials, COULD impact our ability to complete essential work in a timely fashion. These materials include: transformers, fuses, wire, meter bases, as well as steel, resins and fiberglass.
Our objective is to be as transparent as possible about the impact supply chain issues are having on REC. Access to critically needed equipment and supplies at a reasonable price – and in many instances at ANY price – is diminishing and the issues have the potential to affect our ability to:
- Timely restore power after outages;
- Maintain affordable power;
- Upgrade facilities for planned expansions by businesses.
- Extend facilities to new housing construction projects.
- Extend service to new members requesting service.
- Ensure adequate resources are on hand to conduct routine maintenance, repair and replacement work that is critically important to maintaining system reliability.